Winter 2023 OUMM Email Blast
Happy Holidays OU Gamers!
Congratulations on another semester completed! We’re starting the break with some awareness on several fronts.
First, if you’re a Minecraft player, we’re working on a collaboration with The Children’s Hospital inside our OU Gaming Club Minecraft servers and we could use your help!
Second, our recruitment needs never stop and tryouts for the following titles and more are coming up including Apex, Counterstrike 2, osu!, Overwatch, & Valorant as well as opportunities for Discord admins, graphic designers, producers/casters, journalists, and streamers for the Spring 2024 semester.
Lastly, join us at discord.gg/ougaming to get started on any of the above, but if you want more details before that head to sooneresports.org and read the OUMM supplemental article that goes with this email!
OU Gaming Club hosts an active Minecraft server for the entire OU community, with survival and creative gamemodes and more to come! Play some Minecraft and make new friends on the server and in our. Additionally, we are working on a community build project in collaboration with the Children’s Hospital! If you’re interested in this, please contact Jacob “oculus” in the OU Gaming Club Discord!
The following areas are looking for new members over the holiday break to start for the Spring.
- Community & Labs: (Pay opportunities available)
- Need for social media, discord, and/or graphic design abilities preferred
- Production: (Pay opportunities available)
- Producers – The people who coordinate all the production resources, room reservation, overlay coordination, shoutcaster coordination, and run of show.
- Casters – The On-Air talents who announce the games and broadcasts
- Influencer Development: (Pay opportunities available)
- Streamers – On-Air talents who entertain audiences through interactive media
- Media & News: (Pay opportunities available)
- Writers – All gaming/esports topics welcome
- Video Editors – All styles welcome
- Intercollegiate Esports:
- Apex Legends
- Counter-Strike 2
CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW/RIGHT TO SEE THE FULLSIZE SPRING 2024 ORG CHART
- Assistant Intercollegiate Esports Coordinators
- Will be responsible for oversight for specific genre groupings of teams underneath them.
- Scholarships were always funded by donations raised by students since 2021. Those accounts have run dry to do lack of fundraising since. Scholarships can still be awarded but only in intercollegiate esports teams where they are fundraising specifically for them.
- Hourly rate payroll is now enabling for non-graduate assistant leadership, media & news, production, influencer development, and community & labs roles. Full details on this will be released in Discord to development students ONLY before Christmas Day. Payroll will ONLY apply for those within OU ECCI’s rosters already. You cannot apply directly for a job through jobs.ou.edu. It has to be sourced through OU ECCI’s application and onboarding processes only. Pay range is launching at $8.50-12/hr.
- Massive overhaul to the “content” related pillars coming in Fall 2024.
- OU Esports & Co-Curricular Innovation Inspired Courses at OU!
- The Spring 2024 semester welcomes a new course in Esports Business within the Price College of Business on top of the Live Streaming Practicum inside Gaylord College of Jounalism & Mass Communication.
- To learn more head to The OU ECCI Academics Page
- Alumni Advisory Board Needs You!
- Looking for alumni with a passion in gaming culture and esports programming that want to be part of the first OU Esports & Co-Curricular Innovation Advisory Board in creating new initiatives to improve the success of the department and its students.
- To learn more head to The OU ECCI Alumni Board Page
- Gamerhaus Living Learning Community Planned for Fall 2024!
- The first gamer dorms are coming in collaboration with Housing! More details will be announced on this before Christmas Day, but the TL;DR is it will be freshman only, meant for those interested in gaming but are not from our recruitment targets, and may have interest in esports programming insight, knowledge, or careers.