November 2018 signifies a milestone in our developmental journey. It is the 24 month anniversary of my start in the development of this at OU!! We gained approval from OU IT for departmental sponsorship back in August 2018, but due to new university leadership, we have been delayed in further progress on endorsements and upgrades as our Student Life department had some restructuring and refinement. I will start defining these changes, upgrades, new operating standards, and reveal the entire development infrastructure behind the Esports Association at The University of Oklahoma next month. That being said, we are now formally known as the OU Esports Club and yes that is the venerable OU logo sitting right at the top. I will be rebranding all of our outlets with the new branding next month. For now, let me give you a snapshot of who we were last year and who we are today.
2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR RESULTS
- Ended with 220 students in the roster
- 2 competitive teams
- 2 Media & News Teams (12 students)
- 8 student leadership (4 men/4 women)
- 5 staff advisors (OU IT)
- 1 internship (EA Sports, CA, USA)
- Total university expenses: $2.2K TOTAL OVER 19 MONTHS OF DEVELOPMENT!!!
2018-2019 MID YEAR SNAPSHOT
- 450+ student membership
- 20+ alumni membership
- 15 competitive teams (80+ students)(Coaches: 1 alumni, 2 staff, 5 students)
- 3 Media & News Teams (40+ students)
- 9 student leadership (5 men/4 women)
- 4 staff advisors (OU IT)
- 1 scholarship (Inaugural Collegiate Woman Streamer)
- Total university expenses: $2.2K MAINTAINED TOTAL OVER 24 MONTHS OF DEVELOPMENT!!!
This is just a teaser before we start posting our in-depth reveal of infrastructure and hierarchy on soonersports.org. We appreciate everyone interested and supporting our journey, but now we can officially say. WE ARE JUST GETTING STARTED!!
Welcome to the next evolution of Sooner Nation!!